Thursday 10 December 2015

A Christmas Musical Suggestion by mark2410 – The Cambridge Singers Carols of the Nativity

A Christmas Musical Suggestion by mark2410 – The Cambridge Singers Carols of the Nativity

So yeah, this year I’ve gone all traditional really haven’t I?  So what, who doesn’t love a little choral music wafting in softly?  Its Christmas, it’s the time of year you can do things differently and if that means you want to listen to music that’s older than the combined age of your entire family so be it.  Once more we have John Rutter strutting his stuff with the Cambridge Singers, while there is a little track overlap I had to include this as I rather love The Cherry Tree Carol.  Perhaps its my inner five year old snickering at its lyrical composition but it amuses me, never failing to make me smile no matter how much Christmas has me wanting to punch people.

Have a listen and see what you make of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment